News & Press
Industry News / IBAS News
- 2011 IBAS Annual Report Published - Tuesday 17th July 2012
- The 2011 IBAS Annual Report has been published today. A PDF copy can be downloaded by selecting "Annual & Statistical Reports" from the left hand menu.
As in previous years, the ...read more
- Curley seeks advice over coup payments - Friday 23rd July 2010
- Barney Curley is taking legal advice as he flexes his muscles to take on those bookmakers who have still not paid out following his spectacular betting coup of May 10, writes Graham Green.
Four ...read more
- IBAS reports 21 per cent increase in money returned to bookmakers in 2009 - Thursday 1st July 2010
- The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) reported an increase in the amount of monies they obtained for customers from the bookmaking industry in 2009.
The 21 per cent increase ...read more
- Betting watchdog collects record amount for punters - Thursday 3rd June 2010
- THE betting industry’s primary disputes watchdog collected a record amount for punters in 2009 with the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (Ibas) saying that bookmakers were increasingly conceding ...read more
- Chandler challenge to jurisdiction of British Court - Racing Post - Tuesday 27th October 2009
- IN a case sure to be closely monitored by the bookmaking industry, Victor Chandler International is challenging the jurisdiction of a British court to decide on a betting dispute because the company ...read more
- My Pitch - Betview October Edition - Thursday 15th October 2009
- IBAS chief executive Chris O’Keeffe argues that when it comes to settling disputes between bookmakers and their customers, justice can often be better achieved by the judgement of an independently ...read more
- Ibas issues essential guidelines as number of disputes escalates - Tuesday 9th June 2009
- In its annual report published last week, the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (Ibas) revealed that the continuing growth of internet betting had contributed to record levels of disputes. ...read more
- Internet growth leads to increase in IBAS workload - Wednesday 3rd June 2009
- Continuing growth of internet business has contributed to record levels of disputes raised with the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS), according to figures published in the body's annual ...read more
- Totesport end up Saints not sinners in betting dispute-Talking Shop Racing Post - Tuesday 2nd December 2008
- THE Totesport dispute over a mix-up between Northampton Saints rugby union team and Northampton Town FC involved odds of 20-1 being given about the Saints winning promotion, and 50-1 against them ...read more
- Ibas calls for change to palpable error wording - Racing Post - Thursday 27th November 2008
- THE chief executive of betting’s arbitration service yesterday called for ‘palpable error’ to be removed from all bookmakers’ rules, and a new, clearer ruling inserted in its place.
Ibas ...read more
- David Ashforth Comment - re Palpable Error wording issue - Racing Post - Thursday 27th November 2008
- Under the 2005 Gambling Act, fully operational since last September, bets are now legally enforceable contracts. When punters or bookmakers believe that a contract has not been honoured, and a ...read more
- IBAS Tenth Anniversary Dispute Resolution - Racing Post - Tuesday 4th November 2008
- THIS week marks an important anniversary for the betting industry. It is ten years since the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) was set up.
Ibas is a non-statutory organisation charged ...read more
- IBAS marks 10 years as it looks for future funding - Betting Business November - Saturday 1st November 2008
- Intervening between aggrieved punters and annoyed bookmakers sounds like a thankless task, but IBAS has been doing it for ten years now. Simon Banks reports.
The Independent Betting Arbitration ...read more
- The need to protect against disputes with customers - Thursday 16th October 2008
- What protection does the law give operators and punters in the event of a dispute? Sarah Cooper and David Clifton of law firm Joelson Wilson look at how things have changed under the Gambling Act. ...read more
- Online boom pushes disputes over football bets to record levels - Racing Post - Thursday 29th May 2008
- Disputes between punters and betting operators over football bets have reached record levels, according to figures produced by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (Ibas) in its annual report ...read more
- Call for rules standard welcomed by industry - Betview May 2008 - Friday 2nd May 2008
- Proposals by the Independent Bookmakers' Association (IBA) for a bookmaker's standardisation of rules have been welcomed by some quarters of the industry.
During the IBA's AGM earlier this ...read more
- IBAS To Adjudicate Over Category B Disputes - Betting Business February 2008 - Thursday 14th February 2008
- IBAS, the Independent Betting Adjudication Service, looks set to widen its area of expertise once more by taking on disputes over gaming machines in betting shops. The independent body is teaming ...read more
- Holding the Balance - Betview December Edition - Saturday 1st December 2007
- As the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) prepares to celebrate a decade of sterling service in 2008, we speak to the organisation’s Chief Executive Chris O’Keeffe to find out ...read more
- IBAS Kept Busy Through Both Days - Racing Post Betting Show Review - Thursday 22nd November 2007
- Chris O'Keeffe, chief executive of IBAS, says their stand was busy through both days.
"What was surprising is that many bookmakers do not seem to understand the boxes they have ticked to get ...read more
- Testing Disputes Could be Heading to Court - Betting Business October 2007 - Monday 1st October 2007
- The betting industry can expect to see test cases in the courts started by gamblers with disputes after the Gambling Act became law last month, according to the chief executive of the betting adjudication ...read more
- IBAS to Run Rule Over Greyhounds - Racing Post - Friday 31st August 2007
- IBAS, the Independent Betting Adjudication Service, is to establish a link with greyhound racing as the sport embraces the new regulations under the Gambling Commission licensing scheme writes ...read more
- IBAS still 'the only game in town' - now with added adjudication - Racing Post - Friday 31st August 2007
- Bookmakers are required under the Gambling Act 2005 to sign up to an arbitration service - and that service is set to continue to be Ibas, albeit with a slight name change, writes Turia Tellwright.
The ...read more
- IBAS Adjusts to Changes in the Betting Industry - Racing Post - Saturday 9th June 2007
- Nine years after being spawned from the Green Seal Service, betting-dispute arbitrator IBAS has undergone a name change, writes Howard Wright.
This pre-shadows ...read more
- IBAS Aims to Branch Out - Racing Post - Thursday 7th June 2007
IBAS is entering a period of significant evolution as it bids to become the adjudication service of choice for a wide sector of gambling-related industries.
The Gambling Commission ...read more
Sporting News - Top Stories
From BBC Sport
- Real Madrid confirm Mourinho exit
Real Madrid announce that Jose Mourinho will leave the club at the end of the season after three years in charge.
- Wilkinson ready for Lions call-up
Wilkinson hoping to answer potential Lions injury call.
- Pistorius will not compete in 2013
- Godolphin doping scandal widens
Seven more horses fail new drugs tests.
- New England team kit is revealed
The new England kit is revealed and is set to be worn for the first time in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland.